I have a lot of desires for my kids.
I want my kids to be good people – to be kind and generous and honorable. I want them to get along with one another, care for people, and stand up for what is right. I want my kids to be full of joy and love to learn and be problem solvers. I want so many good things for them, but more than anything else, my deepest desire is for my kids to believe Jesus for their salvation and follow His leading in their lives.
One of the best gifts I can give my unsaved children is praying for them to be saved. Being in relationship with Jesus will not only change the lives of my kids here on earth, knowing Jesus will change my children’s lives for eternity!
As much as I try, I can’t save my kids; only God can do that. But I can join God in the work HE is doing in them by praying for my kids’ salvation.
“[God] desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth” (1 Timothy 2:4), and that includes our children! When we pray for our kids’ salvation, we are praying according the will of God. God desires for your kids to know Him!
Have you been praying for a long time for your kids to come to know the Lord? Don’t give up! 2 Peter 3:9 tells us that “The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.”
Keep praying, Sister. God is at work, even when your eyes can not perceive His movement. God wants your child – young or old – to know Him as Savior.
- These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men” (Isaiah 29:13).
- “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
- “For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God…” (Romans 2:8).
- “This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth…” (1 Timothy 2:4-5).
Lord, we so desire to raise our children in a way that pleases you and leads them to you. But even if our children can say all the right things and do what looks right, that doesn’t mean their hearts are in the right place. But you know our hearts, Lord, and you can change them. I pray that You will draw _________’s heart close to You.
I pray that in your right time, my children will recognize and fully comprehend that all have sinned, even them, and fall short of the glory of God. But may they also know that You so loved the world, that You gave Your only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.
I know, Father, that You desire all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, so I pray, in faith and according to Your will, and ask You to bring __________ to a saving knowledge of You! May they, through faith, accept your gift of salvation. Thank you, Lord, that you will do it!